Rating: Rated 4+
Platform: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Date Published: Jan 17, 2017
App Version: 3.4
Language(s): Language: English
Author: American Red Cross
**One of the top 6 hurricane tracking apps - CNN**
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after the storm, even if no data connectivity.
• Track the path of a hurricane with our interactive storm tracker displaying where the app has been and where it’s predicted to go.
• Monitor, hurricane, flood & tornado-related weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with various map layers and location-based notifications for the U.S. and its territories.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
• Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
Get a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device with Weather Radar & Alerts. Real-time anMore...
Simple yet powerful app that tells you how much it's going to snow in the next couple of days in precisely *your* neighbMore...
This weather app is not affiliated with NOAA or the National Weather Service. Products provided by NOAA are in the publMore...
Thanks to everyone for making MyRadar so successful, with over 25 million downloads!
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-uMore...
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to unMore...
TornadoSpy with AccuSpy™ technology gives you the power to report and view official and user spotted tornadoes instantMore...
Hurricane tracking on a Google Maps background. Shows the tracks and forecasts of active hurricanes tropical storms. AlMore...